Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Then & Now - Lumbar Spine





Above are the 1994 X-ray (top) and the 2005 MRI of my lumbar spine which clearly show the slippage of my vertebrae. I attempted to scan in the MRI of my stenosis but it just wasn't coming out clear enough. When I can get that done, I will post it.

On the 1994 X-ray you can see an arrow drawn by the chiropractor pointing out the slippage. On the scan of the MRI I have photoshopped in red lines to show the alignment of my sacrial bone, while using a green line to show the alignment of the preceding vertebrae. Although there isn't a great increase in the slippage between the X-ray and MRI (thank God) there is degeneration of the bone in the MRI, as well as some visibility of the shrinkage at the base of the spine leading to possible pressure on the cord.

No comments: